You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

6.0 not booting from usb on Intel Atom

Author (Read 3334 times)

Re: 6.0 not booting from usb on Intel Atom
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 03:18:24 AM »

samrat_rao

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Atom N2600

• MEMORY: 2Gb
Is the Windows 7 64bit version ?  If not, it might be worth checking to ensure the old notebook can support 64 bit operation.  The Atom N2600 specification has 64bit but there may be some BIOS setting on the notebook system.

You could try downloading a 32bit OS and seeing if the notebook boots from USB with that.

Hello Steve,

Thanks for you reply. You are right. I found out some online links mentioning that the installed HP bios version F.02 has disabled 64 bit support. The Windows 7 installed currently is also 32 bit.

I'm far from being an expert on upgrading bios firmware and so i guess that i am stuck with 32 bit systems. LL, though having a nice UI, is unfortunately not for me :(.

Re: 6.0 not booting from usb on Intel Atom
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 03:07:30 AM »

stevef

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core i5-4460

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• Kernel: 5.x
Is the Windows 7 64bit version ?  If not, it might be worth checking to ensure the old notebook can support 64 bit operation.  The Atom N2600 specification has 64bit but there may be some BIOS setting on the notebook system.

You could try downloading a 32bit OS and seeing if the notebook boots from USB with that.
clueless

6.0 not booting from usb on Intel Atom
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 02:24:39 AM »

samrat_rao

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Atom N2600

• MEMORY: 2Gb
Hi,

I created a bootable LL 6.0 usb using the command dd if=linux-lite-6.0-64bit.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=4M using my openSUSE i7 laptop. I booted into the i7 laptop and the live session worked fine, so the bootable usb is fine.

I want to install LL 6.0 in my wife's HP Intel Atom N2600 1.6 Ghz 2GB notebook. It does not have UEFI boot option at all. It has Windows 7 installed which i want to replace by LL 6.0.

But the bootable usb never boots into any of the options - live, install etc. I just get a blank screen.

Please suggest. Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 02:30:37 AM by samrat_rao »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section