You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

lightdm-webkit-greeter

Author (Read 9440 times)

Re: lightdm-webkit-greeter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »

ChrisL

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: i5

• MEMORY: 8Gb
... But I still don't know how to remove it...

:)

Just a quick word to the wise (from the not-so wise)  ;)  ... the lightdm shows up in Synaptic as installed, so you CAN remove it there, but DON'T.  I removed it and my machine would no longer boot-up. I suppose I could have recovered, but it was a great reason to move to 2.2!  As puppy says in his videos "job done!".

Chris

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 01:20:07 AM »

Solysail

A man judges himself by what he thinks he is capable of doing---others judge him by what he has done.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:26:04 AM by Solysail »

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 12:09:59 AM »

Solysail

Hi all,
Just a quick e . Installed "shutter",  and got the webkit bug, removed shutter and problem gone. I never did get to see the contents of the wed kit page, 1 second before the wall paper appears I get a plain grey screen then I am strait into the desk top. Also I tried to use the provide software updater, I was informed that info would be taken--- so I think the team is at a fix, so I think its going to be update often and the magic will happen. this distro is a keeper. I am dual booted with Trusty 14.04 64 Bit. LL is 32Bit hoping to get more stable apps, such as simplescreenrecorder, guvcview, cpufreq, openshot, smplayer from the developers site, not from the soft ware center, that has been tweaked or is out of date. On my little machine Trusty is like driving a punctured elephant---LL ROCKS. Thanks and truck loads of Kudos to the Devs. Bye the way, the 32Bit apps are stable, the same apps on Trusty 64 Bit would crash all the time, must be something in that somewhere .

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:29:34 PM »

Coastie

• PayPal Supporter
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite User
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD A10-6700 (ASUS M32)

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: ADM Radeon HD (integrated)
As Valtam has told me before, don't use a software center.

When I have screwed up something that I can't fix even with help, I just reinstall LL.

Left Mac OS X for Linux in Jan 2014

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 02:15:26 AM »

Alex

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Thanks Sheng-Chieh, it tells me what it is and must have come from the Ubuntu updater. But I still don't know how to remove it.

Yess the same happens with mine Scott - I guess that I can live with it, but it is a bit of a pain.

:)

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2014, 11:32:58 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Hi Alex,

When lightdm-webkit-greeter remains open for me after boot I just close it. This will generate a warning about how it's busy and would you like to force close it, just say yes. It just closes for me without any problems.

~Scott

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 10:38:01 PM »

shengchieh

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Tux's Links
Here's a DDG search for     lightdm-webkit-greeter

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=lm&q=+%09+lightdm-webkit-greeter

The 1st link gives some clue.

Sheng-Chieh

lightdm-webkit-greeter
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 10:30:12 PM »

Alex

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
This program has started loading everytime I switch the computer on - I don't know what it is and I don't want it. Please, how do I get rid of it?

thanks
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 10:18:26 AM by Scott(0) »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section