Hardware - Support > Hard Drives and SSDs

Partitioning Puzzle--Wish to move logical root data to sda1

(1/3) > >>

N4RPS:
Hello!

Glad you were able to get it all straightened out to your satisfaction.

OK, I admit it - it also took a time or few for me to figure out that whole 'swapoff' thingy. Now, it's second nature...

73 DE N4RPS
Rob

gold_finger:
@ SweetAction22,

Your welcome -- glad it worked out.

--- Quote from: ChrisL on December 24, 2014, 09:27:39 PM ---How do you know all this stuff anyway?? Amazing.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the complement, but I promise -- there's way more that I don't know than things I do know.

Two good ways I've learned things:

* From plenty of my own screw-ups that needed to then be fixed.
* From both reading through forums like this looking for interesting posts and from attempting to help others fix their problems (which many times requires me to look things up and learn for myself before I can help).

SweetAction22:
thanks gold finger,
it worked ... i've read about turning swap off before, i guess i forgot ..silly me.
thanks for the reminder

ChrisL:

--- Quote from: gold_finger on December 24, 2014, 09:19:51 PM ---When you boot from a live DVD/USB, if there is a swap partition detected on the hard drive, it will automatically use it.  The swap partition is within the extended partition and as long as it's in use you won't be able to make changes to the extended partition.  Just right-click swap, choose "Swapoff", then you should be able to expand extended partition, etc.

--- End quote ---
How do you know all this stuff anyway?? Amazing.

gold_finger:
When you boot from a live DVD/USB, if there is a swap partition detected on the hard drive, it will automatically use it.  The swap partition is within the extended partition and as long as it's in use you won't be able to make changes to the extended partition.  Just right-click swap, choose "Swapoff", then you should be able to expand extended partition, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version