You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Auto-mount not always working

Author (Read 3463 times)

Re: Auto-mount not always working
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2018, 02:57:09 AM »

marcerickson

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
When one or more storage drives don't automount, if I try to mount them by double clicking on them on the Desktop, I get this first:

The error message is Failed to mount data3 Message recipient disconnected from message bus without replying

If I try that again on the same drive, I get this (I took the screenshot from a different drive - I'm trying to get some work done here <wink>):

Failed to mount data2 mount: /media/marc/data2: operation permitted for root only.

Re: Auto-mount not always working
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 01:23:42 AM »

marcerickson

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Auto-mount not always working
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 08:57:07 PM »

marcerickson

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I have a Dell PowerEdge 1800 server running Linux Lite 4.2 as the OS. It has three storage volumes that are RAID1 arrays, each consisting of two 1 TB drives.  The storage drives are on a Dell CERC 1.5 RAID controller.  It has a separate OS drive that is on the motherboard controller.  (I don't think that the issue is caused by the RAID card but I've been wrong before.)

When rebooting, sometimes one or more of the storage volumes doesn't mount. Going to Settings > Disks (manage drives and disks) shows the unmounted drive, its filesystem type and that's all.  I'll attache a screenshot the next time it happens.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section