You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Should I reset the Boot order after installing LL 4.4 with dual Win boot?

Author (Read 10088 times)

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
Can leave it as is. I always have my bootable devices first in the BIOS in case I ever need to load a CD/DVD/USB rescue disk.

Mom2Four

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Pentium dual CPU T3400 2.16 GHz (T3200 on sticker)

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: None - Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Apologies if this is wrong thread. Yesterday installed 1st ever Linux OS (LL 4.4) in a dual boot scenario. Excellent Instructions (thank you jerry + others) online. Kept the old Vista OS. To install I changed the boot order in the PC's BIOS menu (if I said it right) (F2 at startup) to make the 1st 4 boot options the various USB drives (it didn't work with USB Key but one of the other 3 options -  USB HDD or USB FDD or USB CD/DVD - did work), the single HDD was set to be 2nd last and external DVD (which I do not have) last. I see that the startup manager (name?)  in LL 4.4 is different, showing LL and also Win Vista and Win recovery. I have not tried to go into BIOS again (I expect it will be the same?).

QUESTION: Should I change back the boot order in the BIOS? If so, to what? Thanks in advance. 

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section