You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite does not mount removable devices

Author (Read 3958 times)

Re: Linux Lite does not mount removable devices
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 06:11:46 PM »

Sprintrdriver

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite on Dell Lattude D620
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core2 T5500

• MEMORY: 3Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Mobile 945GM/GMS 943/940GML Express
MS old OS can read faulty fat file systems.

See my threads for more details on why I think so:
https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/hard-drives-and-ssd's/not-auto-mounting-removable-drives-think-i-have-an-idea-why/new/#new
I won't let an old, but fully functional computer die just because some company tell me that they won't make no more security updates to their OS. Thanks Linux :)

Linux Lite does not mount removable devices
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:15:26 PM »

Ice

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Pentium 4

• MEMORY: 1Gb
Linux Lite worked fine until I connected a card reader, then in the "Disks" section, empty disks appear that I can not access, I disconnected the card reader, restart Linux Lite and the empty disks are no longer there, then I connect a memory usb that Linux does not mount, I try to access but it shows an error, the system worked fine until I connected the card reader.
Now when passing a file to the USB memory, it starts translating to 5MB / s, and it starts to slow down, until it reaches 920Kbps / s and the computer gets slow and the system does not respond, after "finishing" the transfer, accessing the files on the USB is very slow
I'm not sure if it is a bug or the reader does not work (in Windows XP it worked fine)
Finally I do not know if I should do another clean installation of Linux Lite or have some solution (I do not have a backup of the system)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:55:51 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section