You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

hard drive install

Author (Read 8105 times)

Re: hard drive install
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 03:02:04 AM »

earlytv

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: atom 330

• MEMORY: 2Gb
I put a smaller, 40GB, hard drive in system and went with Linux Lite 3.8. On this old motherboard that starts up way faster, 90sec. Redo Backup has a problem with it also because of the small no format section just before the ext4 section.
So I guess this is closed?

hard drive install
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 05:58:26 PM »

earlytv

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: atom 330

• MEMORY: 2Gb
I have a D945GCLF2 MOTHERBOARD WITH 2GB RAM AND A 250GB HARD DRIVE. i TRIED TO INSTALL LINUX LITE 4.6.
1) at end of install never tells me to remove cd and hit return
2) cant install updates
3) cant redo backup it
I used old browser linux 501 live to look at hard drive and the install left it with a 1gb dead section and then a 249gb ext4 section?
I used old browser linux 501 to set up drive, 1st section ext2 about 98gb, 2nd section swap file 24gb, 3rd section ext4 111gb.
I installed old browser linux 501 on the 1st section and it set up grub to include the mbr.
I then installed linux lite 4.6 and the install and updates went great. It made 2 sections out of that 3rd ext4 section.
Redo backup now went great, but the new ext4 section that was made, redo backup said it had a huge amount of data in it?? The old browser linux 501 put a flage on it that says a superblock is missing. WHAT IS THAT 2ND EXT4 BLOCK???
To me it looks like it did not like the 250gb hard drive, too large?

Another strange item is that in the old browser linux 501 firefox updates itself? Starts at ver 5 and says update, then at ver 12 says update, then at ver 45 says high as it can go? In any other linux does firefox update its self?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:16:00 PM by earlytv »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section