You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Dual boot not seeing spinner

Author (Read 4370 times)

Re: Dual boot not seeing spinner
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2018, 05:27:19 AM »

pompeyrodney

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core Two Duo E7500

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
HI Mohammed
In answer to your questions:
1. BIOS
2. Eclectica 16.04.5
3. Yes used it many times
4. Root partition and swap enclosed in extended partition.

I will create another partition in Gparted and try the install again, will report back on progress.

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 10:04:51 PM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
  • Using Dell Inspiron 6400
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo t7400 2.16GHZ-2.17GHZ

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel 945GM
ok i have some help but i need some info
1-are you using a bios or uefi (for others iam asking so that i know if more that 4 partition can exist in that machine )
2-what is your other Linux OS (the one already available )
3- do you have a program called gparted -can you use it (it handles partitions)
4- how many partitions are there in gparted
Just Installed Linux lite??? check this tutorial
Have I Helped? Click [Thanks] button to the right.
Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 06:57:03 AM »

pompeyrodney

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
Hi Mohammed
I only have the one HDD drive and nothing else. I can see the HDD on the desktop as soon as I quit the install, the icon disappears as soon as i go back to the install. I have even tried some other Linux distributions and they do the same, its weird because I know I have performed dual boot installs in the past using the same method?

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 06:30:21 PM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
  • Using Dell Inspiron 6400
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo t7400 2.16GHZ-2.17GHZ

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel 945GM
Ok will try to throw some help here
I have an existing Linux install (16.04.4), and am trying to install LL 4.0 alongside, thus dual boot. When installing I reach the options screen where I am offered the chance to install alongside existing Ubuntu install.
I think that this is the problem usually everyone that dualboots recommend using the something else option and then follow a walkthrough as for my experience the install aside XXXXXX option just sucks.
you need to open gparted and create an empty ext4 partition for lite 4.0 before installing
At the drive selection, it does not show the HDD but only the usb I am installing from. If I quit the installation, I then see icons for the HDD on the desktop. If I try to install again I still do not see the HDD as an option to install to. Hardware in question is an MSI CR 620 laptop.
hmm this is quite weird do you have more than one ssd/hdd on your pc . have you tried mounting (aka browsing them first) befor opening the install ...
hope that helps.
Just Installed Linux lite??? check this tutorial
Have I Helped? Click [Thanks] button to the right.
Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

Dual boot not seeing spinner
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 04:08:39 PM »

pompeyrodney

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

I have an existing Linux install (16.04.4), and am trying to install LL 4.0 alongside, thus dual boot. When installing I reach the options screen where I am offered the chance to install alongside existing Ubuntu install. At the drive selection, it does not show the HDD but only the usb I am installing from. If I quit the installation, I then see icons for the HDD on the desktop. If I try to install again I still do not see the HDD as an option to install to. Hardware in question is an MSI CR 620 laptop.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 05:55:33 AM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section