Software - Support > Games Support

No sound in game(s)

(1/2) > >>

Wirezfree:

--- Quote from: Cobra! on November 06, 2014, 02:18:08 PM ---
I have no idea what that is, I'll be honest with you. The only error I'm getting not is that the framerate stutter and doesn't seem to go as smooth as the fps counter is telling me (which it says is running in the hundreds!), So that might have something to do with it... ?

--- End quote ---

I have never had issues with framerate, I don't do games...
I don't know how accurate it is.? or if it will work on your H/W?, or even relevant to your situation.? But you could try the following
Go to Install/Remove Software(Synaptic), search for "glxgears", it will return "mesa-utils" install if not install.

The open a Terminal "ctrl-alt- t" and type glxgears
It should open another small window with rotating gears, and give a "fps" value in the terminal window
It should look like this, use "ctrl-c" to stop it.

--- Code: ---dave@asus-mini-1:~$ glxgears
Running synchronized to the vertical refresh.  The framerate should be
approximately the same as the monitor refresh rate.
304 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.703 FPS
301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.001 FPS
301 frames in 5.0 seconds = 60.002 FPS
^C
dave@asus-mini-1:~$
--- End code ---

Dave

Cobra!:

--- Quote from: Wirezfree on October 20, 2014, 10:41:25 AM ---Hi,

Again not a solution to Mania Drive...
But Googling

--- Code: ---open /dev/[sound/]dsp: No such file or directory
--- End code ---
Seems to give some recent(2014) listings for possible solutions or things to look at
Some seem to refer to OOS "Open Sound System".?

Dave

--- End quote ---
Oh right, I remember install Medal of Honor: Allied Assault on my old Linux laptop, and that had the same issue, so I installed osspd on my new PC, and that did the trick! I'm getting sound again! Thanks so much!

--- Quote from: Wirezfree on October 20, 2014, 10:41:25 AM ---ps,
Your listing seemed to show another error.?, not sure if you do

--- Code: ---Raydium: joy: FAILED (cannot open /dev/js0 and /dev/input/js0)
--- End code ---
]

--- End quote ---
I have no idea what that is, I'll be honest with you. The only error I'm getting not is that the framerate stutter and doesn't seem to go as smooth as the fps counter is telling me (which it says is running in the hundreds!), So that might have something to do with it... ?

Wirezfree:
Hi,

Again not a solution to Mania Drive...
But Googling

--- Code: ---open /dev/[sound/]dsp: No such file or directory
--- End code ---
Seems to give some recent(2014) listings for possible solutions or things to look at
Some seem to refer to OOS "Open Sound System".?

Dave

ps,
Your listing seemed to show another error.?, not sure if you do

--- Code: ---Raydium: joy: FAILED (cannot open /dev/js0 and /dev/input/js0)
--- End code ---
See post #8 here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=514701

rokytnji:
Being that the problem is related on how the game software is wrote to identify hardware to give you sound in the game.

Also. Being the game was written before your hardware was even known to the software game developer.

Well. Good luck getting some small forum like this to solve how that game file was written to identify hardware.
Your sound chip is probably from the future to that software.

It is like the movie 2001. Where the caveman throws the bone into the air after looking at the  monolith.
A program can only deal with what it knows. The game does not know your hardware. It did not exist
when that game was wrote. Hence the

--- Quote ---it worked perfectly on my old Laptop
--- End quote ---

Just a explanation I know. Not a fix. Sorry.

--- Quote ---EDIT: I also tried playing something from a CD in VLC while playing the game, the game cut off the sound completely! I can't play it again!

So what do I do?
--- End quote ---

Kinda a confusing statement for this old biker from Texas. Can't play what again?

Cobra!:

--- Quote from: Scott(0) on October 19, 2014, 06:19:11 PM ---Hi Cobra!

Sounds like you're experienced with this

--- End quote ---
Really? Must be my wording, because I know next to nothing about this kind of thing, but I've learned that it's best I give out terminal outputs when asking questions, because it makes solving it a lot easier for those helping you.

--- Quote from: Scott(0) on October 19, 2014, 06:19:11 PM ---but just want to confirm nothing here in the manual is helpful?
https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/hardware.html#sound
--- End quote ---
Nope, I've tried everything there, sorry.

--- Quote from: Scott(0) on October 19, 2014, 06:19:11 PM ---I don't have enough experience with this issue to offer direct help but I expect somebody will reply soon.

~Scott

--- End quote ---
That's alright, thanks for the reply anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version