You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Linux Lite Framerate issues?

Author (Read 8037 times)

Re: Linux Lite Framerate issues?
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 06:14:32 AM »

Cobra!

• New to Forums
  • A.K.A. Sharko
    • View Profile
    • Gamerstorm Official Website
Alright, fair enough, I'll have a look at the bios next time a boot up, thanks for all of your help.

Also, what power management settings would you recommend I use?

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 07:57:09 PM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
If the power manager options don't work you can try the laptop setup/bios page. I admit it's not likely to help but it doesn't hurt to look. The setup screen in my laptop offers different charging options, etc.

The next step would be testing possible custom power settings and/or installing different power managment software but I know nothing about that so be patient and hopefully someone will see this and post some additional information.

~Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 07:08:42 PM »

Cobra!

• New to Forums
  • A.K.A. Sharko
    • View Profile
Okay, that's fair enough. The problem is even with the charger plugged in, it still does this. Is there not a way to only make it do power saving when it's not on charge?

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:19:05 AM »

Scott

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Dual core Intel Core i3 M 330

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel Integrated Graphics
Hi Cobra!

Sure seems normal that a laptop may slowdown to conserve power when the battery is low but you may be able to override this.

This may possibly help:

Menu > Settings > Power Manager

Choose "On Battery" on left side

Actions tab

option: prefer power savings over performance

Test performance with this option off, does it make any difference?

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:07:56 AM »

Cobra!

• New to Forums
  • A.K.A. Sharko
    • View Profile
I think I figured out what is causing it. I noticed when my laptop's power is low, that's when the framerate goes low, but when the power is high or full, it's normal. Was this intentional? Is this a power saving feature?

Linux Lite Framerate issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 09:28:30 AM »

Cobra!

• New to Forums
  • A.K.A. Sharko
    • View Profile
I've been noticing some of my games, both Native and Wine games, have been running a pretty choppy on Linux, and originally, I thought it was the fact that I has too many resource eating programs up, but I've noticed closing them didn't really make a huge difference.

I was playing this game called Maniadrive (Trackmania clone), and it said it was running at 60 FPS, when it didn't look like it was running that smooth at all, so I don't get it. I've also noticed that Wolfenstein 3D w/ NewWolf and Maniadrive sometimes seem actually run 60fps only some of the time, and it seems random whether or not it does, it doesn't matter how many programs are running, or how long after I boot Linux Lite, it just seems random how smoothly the games will run. Sometimes they will run ~20-30 fps when it's the only game running, and sometimes it actually runs 60fps when I have a bunch of programs running/suspended in the background. Either way, Maniadrive insists the game is running at 60fps.

So what's going on? How do I go about solving the problem?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:46:20 PM by Cobra! »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section