You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

i am using Linux Lite 3.6 64Bit, i am looking for some games

Author (Read 17858 times)

Re: i am using Linux Lite 3.6 64Bit, i am looking for some games
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2018, 08:54:10 AM »

Hoffer77

• Bitcoin Supporter
  • New to Forums
  • Love Linux Lite
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5 3.1

• MEMORY: 8Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GT 610

• Kernel: 5.x
here is a classic remake of elite, really awesome!! https://pioneerspacesim.net

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2018, 09:39:48 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: 1.4 GHz

• VIDEO CARD: on board
Hi @kissbaby3

I recently installed snes9x and downloaded a rom pack from here: https://www.downarea51.com/2013/12/snes-roms-pack-collection.html been having fun with those old games: double dragon, top gear, mario bros.

Hope this help! :)

thank you for the links, looks cool, i am using linux lite 4.0 now, will this work on that version ?
sure

well, did not work for me , the emulator(RetroArch)  installed fine, thats what the "snes9x" installed.  i installed the snes9x from the synaptic package manager.
but could not get the games/game to work. so for now i got rid of everything, going to find some how too videos , maybe try again sometime later ..... i have quite a few games now , 2 i play from a folder,  sure alot of cute games on that site , but alot of the download links did not work . no biggie

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 10:53:52 PM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
  • Using Dell Inspiron 6400
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo t7400 2.16GHZ-2.17GHZ

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Mesa DRI Intel 945GM
Hi @kissbaby3

I recently installed snes9x and downloaded a rom pack from here: https://www.downarea51.com/2013/12/snes-roms-pack-collection.html been having fun with those old games: double dragon, top gear, mario bros.

thank you for the links, looks cool, i am using linux lite 4.0 now, will this work on that version ?
sure
Just Installed Linux lite??? check this tutorial
Have I Helped? Click [Thanks] button to the right.
Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2018, 02:22:25 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi @kissbaby3

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2018, 01:15:54 PM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

Hi @kissbaby3

Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 07:17:17 PM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

Just install steam and get Valve games these games are all ported to Linux and there specs are so low for an AAA game (Team Fortress 2 is considered an AAA game and it requires 512mb of ram in 2018) (Dota 2 is another AAA game and requires 4gbs of ram and an Intel hd 3000  ;)  ..) and the popular Counter Strike GO requiring 2gb of ram and a 256 mb vram directx9.0c compatible GPU

PS all games i mentioned have their specs tailored for windows which clearly takes more ram than linux (specially windows 10)
i have seen people play pubg on 4gb of ram on their windows 7 OS (it requires 8gb of ram) so the same applies here.. if you have 1.5 gb of ram ..probably you can run cs go which is a game that many people play in 2018 and probably will stay for a couple of years and if you have less then still there are mods that will take the game even lower
Basically i respected valve for them taking time to optimize their engine thus optimizing games (decreasing system requirements) and porting them to linux (or their steamos).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 07:19:39 PM by MohamedKhaled »
Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2017, 06:18:12 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

i want to say thank you "every one" for all the fun game suggestions and links, even tho alot of the games i want to really play, wont work when disconnected from the Internet, i found some nice little games , from the repos , they are just simpleton games , my pc dont do 3d, now i have a lot of simple games on my linux , again , thanks every one , i am now happy. 

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »

supergamer

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: AMD Phenom 565

• MEMORY: 12Gb

• VIDEO CARD: 550 ti
The problem is going to be 3d drivers for a lot of the games. The 16.04 base does not have the hardware stack for good working 3d. The fglrx driver will not work with this xorg version which means you will have to update to a newer mesa driver stack from a ppa then it only has limited support for older amd/ati graphics. Please read for more information.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/AMD

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 03:05:59 PM »

MohamedKhaled

• Forum Regular
    • View Profile

i am looking for some games.
doom type or quake type games , they can be clones, i just want to shoot stuff up and kill things, ha ha .

i have a 6 year old lenovo AMD 64bit desktop PC, the graphics and video are built into the mother board.
8 GB ram, 500 GB hard drive .

linux lite 3.6 64bit is running smoothly and i have learned alot, and can do what i want and need so far. i have used linux off and on in the past.

so is there any cool games for this old PC ?......... games i can play offline ?, i dont want to play games online. my Internet speed sucks

omg iam dieing she is saing *old* laptop on her 8 gb 500 gb storage laptop ,( mine is 1 gb ram)

anyway have you tried ITCH its a game store and they have al sort of games there , some games will be 8 gb some will be 70 mb some will be online and some offline , i mean , itch is for everyone i even have itch on my windows partition too
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 03:15:50 PM by MohamedKhaled »
Yours,
Mohammed Khaled

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 12:46:02 AM »

ptyerman

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core i7 920

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX580
Every one of the games in my library from GOG is off line play, (currently 23, but keeps climbing), I don't play multiplayer games myself either. You just have to look at the description to see if the game is or not, it's clearly stated in the specifications, no challenge there other than reading a web page.
Steam is another matter depending how you interpret it. Most of my Steam games are single player or have a multiplayer option. Steam does mean you have to be online though, although it does have a offline mode that can be used.

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 03:27:09 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

There is also https://www.gamingonlinux.com/ that's worth looking at.
Don't forget Steam has quite a few Linux games in the store, and Good Old Games keeps expanding its Linux selection. I have a few games from these two that I play often.

Edit:
Just to add, GOG have started their sales today and there is some free games to be had too. I just grabbed Grim Fandango remake for free, plenty of Linux games to be had on sale too.  8)

so many cool looking games , its kinda over whelming , just finding one i cant strictly play off-line, no network, is challenging , for example , i just installed some simple games like card games , thats what i mean by playing off line only,

some of the games are cute tho ,  ;) ;) ;) ;)

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 12:30:06 AM »

ptyerman

• Occasional Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core i7 920

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Radeon RX580
There is also https://www.gamingonlinux.com/ that's worth looking at.
Don't forget Steam has quite a few Linux games in the store, and Good Old Games keeps expanding its Linux selection. I have a few games from these two that I play often.

Edit:
Just to add, GOG have started their sales today and there is some free games to be had too. I just grabbed Grim Fandango remake for free, plenty of Linux games to be had on sale too.  8)
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:50:44 AM by ptyerman »

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 03:00:09 PM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

Hi @kissbaby3

Check synaptic, there are a bunch of games there. Also, check this site and see if you find something that fits your needs and likes https://lgdb.org/

Hope this helps! :)

that is a good link, found a few, but just looking, thank you for sharing

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 10:16:31 AM »

Moltke

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: amd athlon 64 x2

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: amd radeon hd 6750

Hi @kissbaby3

Check synaptic, there are a bunch of games there. Also, check this site and see if you find something that fits your needs and likes https://lgdb.org/

Hope this helps! :)
Without each others help there ain't no hope for us :)
Need a translation service? https://www.deepl.com/es/translator

i am using Linux Lite 3.6 64Bit, i am looking for some games
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 04:28:02 AM »

kissbaby3

• Forum Regular
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

i am looking for some games.
doom type or quake type games , they can be clones, i just want to shoot stuff up and kill things, ha ha .

i have a 6 year old lenovo AMD 64bit desktop PC, the graphics and video are built into the mother board.
8 GB ram, 500 GB hard drive .

linux lite 3.6 64bit is running smoothly and i have learned alot, and can do what i want and need so far. i have used linux off and on in the past.

so is there any cool games for this old PC ?......... games i can play offline ?, i dont want to play games online. my Internet speed sucks

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section