Software - Support > Games Support

[SOLVED] Problems with installing/playing native Linux games

(1/3) > >>

Cobra!:
Nevermind, I fixed the problem, I typed in:

--- Code: ---./mohaa_lnx +set r_gldriver libGL.so.1
--- End code ---
and it works perfectly! The only problem is that there's no sound, but I heard sound issues were common with the game, but is there anything I can do to sort it out?

EDIT: It seems that OpenAL is the issue, it can't load it up, it might be missing or not working.

--- Code: ---OpenAL: Opening device {default}...
open /dev/[sound/]dsp: No such file or directory
OpenAL: Could not open device
OpenAL: Destroying channels...
OpenAL: Channels destroyed successfully.
OpenAL: initialization failed. No audio will play.
--- End code ---

I installed OpenAL on my system, but it didn'thelp, is there a code I can use similar to the one above but with OpenAL?

EDIT: Nevermind, I installed osspd, and that fixed the problem, I'm getting sound now, although some sound effects are missing, but I hear that's a common issue with the game, and that there isn't much I can do about it.

Thanks everyone for all of their help anyway!

Cobra!:
I figured out how to install libraries in 32-bit mode, it seems you simple type ":i386" at the end, I tried it with "libstdc++5", and it installed, and it got me a step further with the archived mohaa binaries, I'm getting some other errors, though, here's what came out of the terminal:

--- Code: ------ Common Initialization ---
Medal of Honor Allied Assault 1.11 linux-i386 Sep  3 2004
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
/home/cobradabest/.mohaa/main
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/pak7.pk3 (89 files)
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/Pak6EnUk.pk3 (395 files)
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/pak6.pk3 (104 files)
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/Pak5.pk3 (259 files)
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/Pak4.pk3 (593 files)
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/Pak3.pk3 (669 files)
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/Pak2.pk3 (4722 files)
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/Pak1.pk3 (396 files)
/home/cobradabest/.wine/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/MOHAA/main/Pak0.pk3 (11174 files)

----------------------
18401 files in pk3 files
execing default.cfg
execing menu.cfg
execing newconfig.cfg
Config: unnamedsoldier.cfg
STUB: wtf in unix/linux_general_extras.c line 95.
STUB: wtf in unix/linux_general_extras.c line 101.
couldn't exec configs/unnamedsoldier.cfg
couldn't exec localized.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
Unknown command "fov"
couldn't exec custom.cfg
You are now setup for easy mode.
----- Client Initialization -----
Called FadeSound with: 0.000000
----- Initializing Renderer ----
----- R_Init -----
...loading libGL.so: SDL: SDL_GL_LoadLibrary() failed! rc == (-1).
SDL_GetError() reports "Could not load OpenGL library".
failed
...loading libMesaVoodooGL.so.3.1: SDL: SDL_GL_LoadLibrary() failed! rc == (-1).
SDL_GetError() reports "Could not load OpenGL library".
failed
ASSERT: [qcommon/common.c:406] GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem
 (fyi)
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Error: GLimp_Init() - could not load OpenGL subsystem
--- End code ---

How do I fix it?

I also tried doing the same thing for the installer, but I got the same errors as before, it seems the libgtk libraries were taken off of the ubuntu servers or something... How would I get the installer working now?

Cobra!:

--- Quote from: rokytnji on August 21, 2014, 09:40:10 PM ---
--- Quote ---What do you think I should do now?
--- End quote ---

I don't know as I don't know where in that page you linked to are stuck at.

--- End quote ---
Oh right, I got through the whole thing. However, when I try to run the game, I'm getting the same error as my previous post.

EDIT: I just had a thought, maybe the archived binaries are for the US version of MOHAA, when I have the UK version, and it seems the only way to get those binaries is to run the installer, which I'm having trouble doing right now...

--- Quote from: rokytnji on August 21, 2014, 09:40:10 PM ---Anyhows, I am going to be out of commission for a few days as I wait for my body to sort things out.
It was a bad spot in a bad day in the universe for me today.
So you are on your own.

Sorry.  :(

--- End quote ---
It's fine, I hope you have a speedy recovery.

--- Quote from: Valtam on August 21, 2014, 11:37:03 PM ---I personally think you should not pursue these old games. Most of the instructions are for older versions of ubuntu, and thus, older packages as mentioned earlier.

--- End quote ---
I still think it's possible to run it, before I had to reinstall Linux Lite, I had a program that uses libgtk-1.2 (ePSXe) working just find on this machine. The packages may have dropped support, but that doesn't mean they won't work.

Jerry:
I personally think you should not pursue these old games. Most of the instructions are for older versions of ubuntu, and thus, older packages as mentioned earlier.

rokytnji:

--- Quote ---What do you think I should do now?
--- End quote ---

I don't know as I don't know where in that page you linked to are stuck at.

On a side note. I busted myself up a bit today tripping over a blanket on the floor in front of the dryer.
Knocked myself out tripping over the blanket like a trip wire. My knee is swelled up and won't bend too good and I walk with a limp now.
Plus I seem to have sprained my right wrist.
Damn dirty laundry.

Anyhows, I am going to be out of commission for a few days as I wait for my body to sort things out.
It was a bad spot in a bad day in the universe for me today.
So you are on your own.

Sorry.  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version