Customization > Desktop Customization

Wallpaper Limits?? XFCE desktop manager.

(1/2) > >>

robinc:
Might be worth flushing ~/.cache/thumbnails/large   which contain wallpaper t/nails??

trinidad:
Either put them in ~/Pictures/somefoldername/, or just ~/Pictures/   or as administrator add them to /usr/share/backgrounds/xfce4/ where the default wallpapers are. Don't put them in ~/Wallpapers as this can generate a user permission file loop for the desktop manager looking for web files and trying to open them with firefox.

TC

TheDead:
Hi there,

Well, there could be a limitation in the manager itself. Or something broken in the XFCE installation... even a possible conflit in the XFCE installation Vs Kernel Vs hardware.
Seems this part can have some troubles sometimes since, for example, in Manjaro Linux 16.02 I think , just opening the Wallpaper folder crashed the window.

Maybe some Wise Linux Gurus in these parts can shed some light on this obscure situation.

Cheers!

PCTECH:
Hey

I'm adding the pictures to Home/Wallpapers...either by dragging them there or copying and pasting. Thunar will open the folder without and populate it without any issues. It just seems to be an issue with the XFCE desktop settings manager. I created another folder Home/Pictures/Wallpapers2 and copied the pictures there as a test. desktop manager worked fine with that.

Mark

TheDead:
That's 664 wallpapers :

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version