Customization > Desktop Customization

Moving items in whisker menu from one to another

(1/2) > >>

Moltke:

--- Quote from: Jerry on February 08, 2018, 12:07:08 AM ---Great tutorial there @Moltke !

--- End quote ---

Thank you @Jerry   I posted it in tutorials section as well https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/tutorials/changing-menu-entries-from-category-andor-creating-new-ones/ :)

Jerry:
Great tutorial there @Moltke !

pny:
thank u bitsnpcs and moltke , your solution worked , only thing different are the icons .

Moltke:
Hi @pny

You can do this by using the menu maker/customizer app "main menu" available in LL, just press home key and type "menu" click enter and it'll start.

Next, select the category where the app/tool you want to change/delete is, click on it and select properties

In the image above I used this method to delete/change "printers" from system menu to graphics menu, just as your example and as you notice I already clicked on it and a window properties is open, copy that as you'll need it for next step which is clicking in the desired menu destination, in this case "Graphics". Once in graphics menu, in the "main menu" app window select "new item", a new window opens for you to type new item details, use the ones you wrote/copied before, click on "ok" to close that window. The new item should be created and will show on graphics menu.

If you want/wish no longer to keep "printers" menu on system entries select that item in "main menu" app window and next click on delete

And that's it, easy right? :) Now you can close "main menu" app window, click on menu or press home key, point your mouse to graphics menu  and see your new created/reallocated item

Hope this helps! :)

PS: I made all of this in a LL 3.8 64bit VM. Oh boy VMs are really helpful  8)

firenice03:
To add to bitsnpcs..

Sounds like you want to move contents/folder from 1 folder to another.. If its in a "system" folder i.e. /sys or /etc it may need elevated access - you can right click the folder and choose open as administrator...
- Careful moving these files as some files may have an attached dependency...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version