You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Menubar items allruntogether. How to fix?

Author (Read 10721 times)

Re: Menubar items allruntogether. How to fix?
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 05:52:55 PM »

Marilynn

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I entirely agree with @joaoroberto and know that how annoying can firewall settings get (at times). I personally like to keep them on at all times. Other than that, I would suggest you to use a DNS so that you always have that safe path. I try to use a VPN whenever I am trying to use watchcartoonsonline or perhaps movierulz. Both work great with an enabled firewall, a working DNS and a good VPN (or VPS).
Thanks for posting the query though!

Thanks, although it sounds like you might be replying to another thread instead.  As for this thread, after some more digging around, I ended up redoing the machine and going all LInux Min, intially Cinnamon and eventually XFCE that spaced out the menus properly.  Going through a list of tweaks later and my old system is working not too badly. 

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2019, 12:33:25 AM »

movierulz

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile

• CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600

• MEMORY: 4Gb

• VIDEO CARD: GT 920
I entirely agree with @joaoroberto and know that how annoying can firewall settings get (at times). I personally like to keep them on at all times. Other than that, I would suggest you to use a DNS so that you always have that safe path. I try to use a VPN whenever I am trying to use watchcartoonsonline or perhaps movierulz. Both work great with an enabled firewall, a working DNS and a good VPN (or VPS).
Thanks for posting the query though!

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 11:52:10 PM »

Marilynn

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
I'm using the latest version of Linux Lite, 4.46, just upgraded to that yesterday wondering if it would fix the problem.  I'm using Xfce and it was installed along with the distro.  I did not install it separately.  I did play with appearances in settings: desktop, appearances, and windows manager. 

I just did some searching, and although I can't find anything on my system (may need help to track it down),  a google search says I received this theme by installing Linux Mint.  Hmmm, that may mean I'm in the wrong place with this question.

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 11:10:27 PM »

Jerry

• Linux Lite Creator
  • Administrator
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • Linux Lite OS

• CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz

• MEMORY: 32Gb

• VIDEO CARD: nVidia GeForce GTX 1650

• Kernel: 5.x
What theme are you using, and what version of Linux Lite? That doesn't look like the one we ship LL with.

Menubar items allruntogether. How to fix?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 10:45:41 PM »

Marilynn

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
Various windows in LInux Lite have their menubar contents allruntogether across the bar.  How do I fix this?  I tried adjusting the DPI in settings/appearance, but that only affected the desktop and title bars. 

This screenshot shows two menus that areruntogether:

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 11:11:44 PM by Jerry »

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section