You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

I need help to block wallpaper change

Author (Read 6542 times)

Re: I need help to block wallpaper change
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 03:50:14 PM »

torreydale

• PayPal Supporter
  • Platinum Level Poster
  • * Forum Moderator *
    • View Profile

• CPU: Intel i5-3230M (4) @ 3.200GHz

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
Want to thank me?  Click my [Thank] link.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 02:57:44 PM »

bitsnpcs

• Platinum Level Poster
    • View Profile
    • Try to Grow

• Kernel: 4.x
Hello leillo1975, and Angelos Kouniaris,

suggestion - this link explains how to set a wallpaper each day.

https://askubuntu.com/questions/835853/how-can-i-get-one-wallpaper-for-each-day-of-the-week/835864#835864

By editing the above script you can choose the default Linux Lite wallpaper as the wallpaper for every day, and to check it is the wallpaper on specific time durations after startup using cron, when checked if Linux Lite wallpaper is not the current wallpaper it will change it back** to this wallpaper.
I do not know how to change it for your needs for XFCE desktop, but someone will know on the forum how to change it.

Edit - an easy way of doing that code edits may be a small hack like -
IF when checked it is not todays wallpaper by its filename (as it has been changed by user) THEN jump to tomorrows wallpaper (as it is the same wallpaper as todays should have been).
Rather than resetting the wallpaper it is looping through the daily wallpapers after each change by user it continues next jump in the loop based upon the cron times for checking, just as in the script of link above does for each daily wallpaper.
Cron it is changed by setting daily time instead to for example 30 minutes or 60 minutes between checks, to suit your needs for the checking of the wallpaper, and its resetting to the Linux Lite wallpaper.
This makes it easier to change and less coding needing to be done as only adapting/hacking the existing code on link not having to rewrite big parts of the code.

** the hackery is - the wallpaper is changed "back" to the default Linux Lite by in reality changing the wallpaper "forward" coz Linux Lite is always moving forward, is forward thinking.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 03:46:52 PM by bitsnpcs »

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 01:36:40 PM »

Angelos Kouniaris

• New to Forums
    • View Profile
Hi, I have the exact same problem. I need to either block changing the wallpaper OR to make a script automatically changing it back upon login.

Unfotunatelly i do not have the knowledge to do so.

Have anyone got any suggestions?

I need help to block wallpaper change
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 06:55:18 AM »

leillo1975

• New to Forums
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • O BLOG DE LEO

• CPU: Intel i5 2400

• MEMORY: 6Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Nvidia GeForce GT-740
Hello again
I work in a educational institution and we have a classroom with 16 PC's with Linux Lite 4.2 installed. I have a problem, the students are changing the institution official wallpaper constantly, even with inappropriate photos.

I would like to block the possibility of change the wallpaper, or a solution that makes this official wallpaper sets when a new sessión starts (with a script)
¿Can you help me?

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section