You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

extending the 32bit future

Author (Read 4042 times)

Re: extending the 32bit future
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »

TheDead

• Gold Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Worshipper
    • View Profile
    • My OpenDesktop Projects

• CPU: HAL9000

• MEMORY: 2Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Quantum State VR v.3

• Kernel: 4.x

@trinidad Just read on Distrowatch that Mint 19 is going to have a 32 bits XFCE version :
"Linux Mint 19.x releases (19, 19.1, 19.2, 19.3) will be available in 3 editions (Cinnamon, MATE, Xfce), both in 32 and 64-bit.

• [/size]"[/color]
    Linkydoo here :

https://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=3555

Since there is also a Debian Mint version, this could be a Ubuntu 32bits version? Thought I heard it was discontinued... strange days!

Cheers!
- TheDead (TheUxNo0b)

If my blabbering was helpful, please click my [Thank] link.

extending the 32bit future
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 10:48:02 AM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
There has been some interest so I have put up a google site with a tutorial and a video for a 32bit Debian edition of Linux Lite. The OS is really just Debian XFCE with cosmetic changes to the UI. This forum is not for Debian discussion so DO NOT post questions here about this subject, and I WILL NOT answer questions on this forum about this. If a real interest develops I may put up a BB on my server for people interested in continuing with the idea with me. 32bit is about like me, maybe ten years or so left of life.

https://sites.google.com/view/lldedevelopment/home

TC

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section