You are Here:
Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section

Display Stock Quotes With Conky

Author (Read 9941 times)

Display Stock Quotes With Conky
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »

trinidad

• Platinum Level Poster
  • Linux Lite Member
    • View Profile
    • dbts-analytics.com

• CPU: i7 4 cores 8 threads

• MEMORY: 16Gb

• VIDEO CARD: Intel HD graphics

• Kernel: 5.x
I noticed a while back that AlphaVantage has discontinued the BATCH_QUOTE function. So in the process of explaining how to work with the new GLOBAL_QUOTE function and manipulate its .csv downloads to get and tabulate multiple quotes together into one output file I thought I'd go ahead and incorporate using conky to display quotes as an option. Below is a link to my tutorial on how to do this with a BASH script and a little basic NIX like cut, tail, cat and output building of delimited files. You can basically replace the missing BATCH_ function of the API this way and build and columnize a single output from multiple outputs and wget operations. There are plenty of images and unfortunately I couldn't get imgur to work right today, who knows why, to display one. Check out the tutorial if you want to see how it looks.

https://www.dbts-analytics.com/invest4.html
TC

All opinions expressed and all advice given by Trinidad Cruz on this forum are his responsibility alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or methods of the developers of Linux Lite. He is a citizen of the United States where it is acceptable to occasionally be uninformed and inept as long as you pay your taxes.

-->
X Close Ad

Linux Lite 6.6 FINAL Released - Support for 22 Languages Added - See Release Announcement Section